Why would teachers want to participate in this program?
- Students get hands-on experience testing water samples.
- Students will learn about water quality in their community.
- Students will learn why certain water quality tests are important and how human activity affects water quality.
- Teachers and students will contribute information to a province-wide snapshot on water quality.
- Teachers will have access to classroom resources.
For more opportunities and information for teachers:
What do teachers have to say about AWQA Day?
“It fit in with the grade 8 program of studies, it gave us the opportunity to take the kids to the river for ‘hands on work’, and showed some practical applications of the science they were learning.”
“We have all thoroughly enjoyed participating in this program. It was a wonderful hands on way to teach the concepts of science and to expand to the other concepts of how to care for our water”
– Teacher Participants