Why become an ALMS member?
- Our monthly E-news ‘ The New Wave’ will arrive in your inbox each month (of course, you can unsubscribe at any time)
- Stay up to date on government policy and research related to lake and watershed management in Alberta.
- Meet others who care about lakes and watershed management (e.g. cottage owners, water specialists, academics).
- Access ALMS’ resources such as water quality monitoring, educational programs, and watershed management tools.
- Participate in annual workshops and have a say in ALMS’ future.
- Becoming a member helps us achieve our objectives, we believe there is strength in numbers.
Who should join ALMS?
- Municipalities, counties, municipal and irrigation districts.
- Summer village and cottage associations.
- Public and private sector individuals involved in water resource management and monitoring.
- Students involved or interested in fresh water ecology and water resource management.
- Researchers interested in studying lakes and reservoirs in Alberta.
- Corporations and individuals interested in Alberta’s lakes.
Sign up for ALMS Membership Online
Please use our online membership form. It’s quick, easy and free! At this time you can also choose to subscribe to our e-newsletter or other mailing lists specific to your interests. Click on the button below to belong.
North American Lake Management Society (NALMS)
In 1992, ALMS became the first Canadian Chapter of NALMS. NALMS was established in 1980, and since that time has become a major organization and group of influence in issues concerning the preservation, management and regulation of lakes in the United States of America at the local, state and federal levels. ALMS members are encouraged to join NALMS. Applications and information about NALMS can be obtained from the ALMS office or the NALMS website.